If you are a job seeker, you might be familiar with a form you fulfilled when you apply for a job. A form where you write down your personal information including name, current address, date of birth, phone number, email address, and position you applied for. Some form also has questions that you need to answer related to your personal information, work record, and position.
What Is Job Application?
The form that you fulfilled is called job application. It is made by the company, organization, or institution which open a job vacancy for job seekers. The purpose of making job application is for selecting the potential candidates based on the information stated on it.
With fulfilling the job application, it can help the recruiters in screening the candidates by knowing their skills, qualifications, and experience. As it has been stated before, some company also enclose specific questions to the candidates to know them more.
For some business, company, or organization, they see job application as only a pile of paperwork filled with pieces of information. They do not really the power that the job application hold can help them in hiring new employees. Meanwhile, for the veteran ones, they know that using job application is a smart way to get the best candidates.
If you are part of the recruiter team, you may need a format for the job application. There are many job application template available online which can be used if you have not had the specific one yet. It can also inspire the company or organization to make its own template.
Things should be included in the Job Application
Information written on the job application should be relevant to the position on the job vacancy. It can help employers in choosing the best candidates. Here they are:
- Include the full name
- Include the date of birth
- Address and email address should be included
- Need to ask the applicants about the preferred name
- The degree that has been achieved and the institutions as well
- Their major and specialties are an obligation to be included
- Ask whether the applicants have a driving license or not.
- Ask the job background and history is a must to know if it is the same as the position the applicants applied. Skills required also need to be asked as well.
- Ensure to ask about the time they are available at work
- Last but not least, ask the applicants about the hours they would be working
Things should not be included in the Job Application
If it has been mentioned about things should be included, there are also certain things that are better not be included in the Job application. Here are the lists:
- Avoid asking about race, national origin, religion, and gender in the application form. It might go against their right.
- Better not ask about things that do not determine if the applicants are required for the position or not
Job application is essential for the recruitment process to help the recruiter whether the applicants are qualified or not. By using the job application template, it may help you in making a great job application to get the best candidates.